Seminar “Data Visualization Society”
- Free to attend
- Open to anyone interested in data visualization
- Snacks will be served
- Casual hanging out (make some new data friends)
- Some presentations for a total of 45 minutes
- More hanging out
NOTE: Space is limited, we have a limited capacity. If we are sold out, sign up for the waitlist and we’ll release tickets as they become available.
Ben Oldenburg will speak about “NYC Ridership Recovery”, an unofficial overview of the post-pandemic recovery of New York City’s transit services with MTA’s Day-by-Day Ridership Numbers: https://nyc-ridership-recovery.netlify.app/
Jaan Altosaar (CEO) & Tim Harris (Chief Design Officer) of OneFact Foundation
VISUALIZE IT! How Holistic, Human-centered, Behavior-led Data & Design Approaches Help Us Understand Complex Systems
In this talk, we will describe how service design thinking and data thinking skills intersect and enable anyone to efficiently understand a complex system.
We will outline fundamental principles and the methods used to support those principles, and illustrate the value of open source in clearly visualizing large-scale data in enabling the free flow of information so that the most people can benefit.
Case studies include value chain analysis in health care settings, consumer packaged goods and beauty products service design visualizations, and the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in visualizing the behavior of hundreds of thousands of people.
If you are interested in presenting at future DVS meetups, contact at yaakovbressler.com
Event Sponsor: Superblocks
The superblock is a programmable IDE for developers to build any internal app, workflow, or scheduled job at a fraction of the time and cost.
A huge thank you to this event’s sponsor & host, Superblocks.
Want to sponsor our next event?
Sponsorship usually constitutes providing space for our meetup (and snacks). If your organization would like to host us, reach out — we’d love the support.
- More info on the actual venue will go here...
- Did I interest in becoming a Data Visualization Society member? Go here.
- Has accessibility needed? Reach out to the organizers and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
- To be considered to speak at an event in the future, contact the email address below.
- If you’d like to host/sponsor an upcoming event, contact the email address below.
Time: 6:00 PM — 8:00 PM EST