Halloween at Hester Street Fair
Join us on Sunday, October 30th for another Hester Street Fair Halloween bash! While we’re still planning out the details, you already know what to expect: Everything! Alongside our vendors who are always unique and buzz-worthy, we’ll also be hosting our annual costume contest where the winner receives a big prize basket that’s filled with goodies from different vendors at the market. We can’t forget to mention that there’s always tasty food and an amazing live DJ. Let’s have a great ghoulish time!
Our annual Halloween Costume Contest is back and this year we have prizes for THREE winners! The Grand Prize is an XL basket full of goods that have been donated by our vendors. 2nd and 3rd place will receive mini baskets of mini goods. Find our HSF table at the front of the fair to register for the contest. The rules are simple: Register your costume, get your photo taken, and then go have fun in the market! We’ll cast our votes at 5:30 pm and announce the winner at 6 pm on our Instagram. All ages can register, and so can groups.
NYC-Native and Ultimate Party Boy Hardkore are taking over our DJ booth!
Looking to make a special Halloween memory this year? Get into our interactive photo booth made and run by Rosemary Gonzalez and Sheena She. It’ll be fun, creepy, and kooky. Also, most likely it’ll be made out of paper mache!
Paper Mache Pumpkin Painting by Private Picassos will be taking a tent of their own and are bringing 200 pumpkins for you to decorate as your own.
Candy5 will be with us to make her famous candy art! See her make her famous candy art on-site and get your own specially-made piece.
What’s On The Menu?
- Empanada Papa — Our favorite empanadas ever
- KingPanda Ramen — Ramen, bao buns, rotis, are the perfect combos for a cozy Fall meal
- Tacos el Guero — Authentic Mexican tacos, quesadillas, burritos, and their specialty: birria tacos. You can also get a hot cup of apple cider or hot chocolate from their tent
- Palmiste Indulgence — Haitian patties and solo charcuterie boards that we can’t get enough of
Snacks & Sweets
- Cake Mama NYC — Very cute cakes and coffee
- Cantina Royal — Enjoy some chips and hot sauce! Granted the chips are to sample the many flavors, but you’ll still get a nice snack out of it
- Jade Rose Bakery — Cookies, Brownies, banana bread, and pumpkin gingerbread! Mmm
- Solo Scoop Creamery — Yum! Travel-inspired, one-of-a-kind flavors that satisfy our sweet tooth every time
Visit the Hester Street Fair beverage tent for $1 water bottles! Additional soft drinks might make an appearance. The beverage tent is next to the DJ.
- Aduh! Ceramics — Unique and chic Brooklyn-based ceramics
- Brinn — Intentionally designed, responsibly produced, 100% vegan bags and accessories
- LasCaritas Pins — Bronx-based artist making customized pins, badges, and magnets
- Moon Frankenstein — Artist in many forms, Monica will be selling her original works that range from canvas to home decor. She will also be offering face painting, and she’s always down to do some henna
- Rabble — A new board game that wants you to guess absurd words, do ridiculous challenges, and bring people together
- Red Rock Petra Arts — An analog and digital creator who adds her work onto everyday household items, making something new feel vintage and homey
- Photerian — Playful and imaginative candles that will stand out in any room
- Plaster Works — Bold and unique household items to fit your personal, particular style
- The Prince Peacock — A super cute, fun, and playful jewelry line made from second-hand pieces and 3D-printed pieces
- Wilde Herbs — CBD and hemp seller brings us her relaxing line of goods that can help everyone take some of the edges off of daily life
Aduh! Ceramics, Allegorie, Arrngmnt, Ash & Lee Soaps, At Odds Vintage, AxV Beauty, Brinn, Cake Mama NYC, Candy5, Cantina Royal, DWARE, Darling by JR, Desired NY, Diamante Vintage, East of Andromeda, Empanada Papa, For Others, Funbeadsbygrace, Glow to Grow, Jade Rose Bakery, Jaxon Vintage, Karenka, KingPanda Ramen, Las Caritas Pins, Lily Calabrese, Love Is Project, MECCAfro, Molly Magnell, Moon Frankenstein, Mottive, Only You Skincare, Palmiste Indulgence, Photerian, Plant It, Plaster Works, Preppy Trendy, Pressure Makes Diamonds, Private Picassos, Psychic, Lisa Demetro, Rabble, Red Rock Petra Arts, SASS, Sadity Scents, Sarafine, Solo Scoop, Tacos El Guero, The Fndation, The Prince Peacock, The Uncommon Elite, Theobucket Vintage, TinyBS, Wilde Herbs, Wilk Apiary, Yogaromas by Quinn, Youthful Savings Marketplace, 50% Angel, AARP
About Hester Street Fair
The Hester brand is known for its highly curated selection of NYC’s artisanal fashion, art, design, jewelry, crafts, music, and food vendors. As a space that connects and collects the highest-quality cutting-edge entrepreneurs and under-the-radar brands, Hester creates buzzworthy artisanal experiences that are unique to Downtown Manhattan. Our vendor selections represent the unmatched diversity, unique talent, and abundant creative spirit that sets NYC apart. Described by the New York Times as a “hyperlocal block party,” The Hester brand brings a connection to the community and a vibe that is cool, cozy, and familiar. Family-friendly and open to all yet refined enough to appeal to the city’s most discerning foodies, music aficionados, and vintage fashionistas, Hester is a meeting ground for all those attuned to the city’s sharpest trends, facilitating a close-knit community of in-the-know New Yorkers.
About The Seaport
The?Seaport?is New York City’s original neighborhood, a maritime hub of history, community, dining, and entertainment located along the East River in Lower Manhattan, with iconic waterfront views of the Brooklyn Bridge to the city skyline. The Seaport serves as a vibrant home to local residents and a global destination for visiting travelers, offering 450,000 square feet of entertainment, culinary and cultural experiences.
Location: 89 South Street New York, NY 10038 United States
Time: 11:00 AM — 6:00 PM EDT