Concert “Vamos A Gozar”
Vamos A Gozar! Third Street celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month
About the Concert
Inspired by the classic Charanga Orchestras that laid the foundation for Afro-Cuban music’s evolution here in New York City, Conjunto Sotito plays Salsa, Cha Cha, and Pachangas will have you dancing till you drop.
This concert features works by many foundational voices in Latin Music from the Caribbean in the 20th century, including: Miguel Matamoros, Mongo Santamaria, Arsenio Rodriguez, Sylvia Rexach, Ray Barretto, Pupi Legarreta, and more.
Come early at 5:30pm for a free community dance Lesson featuring Pepe Flores, founder of iconic Lower East Side community space ’La Sala de Pepe’
The main program will begin at 6:00 p.m.
About the Artists
- Skye Soto Steele — violin, voice
- Jose Pietri-Coimbre — violin, voice
- Dawn Drake — bass, voice
- Bryan Vargas — guitar
- Mobéy Lola Irizarry — percussion, voice
- Reinaldo Dejesus — percussion
Tickets & Attendance
- RSVPs are first come, first served.
- RSVPs are required of all attendees, including children. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- An RSVP does not guarantee a seat. Free events are oversold to accommodate drops.
- Same-day walkups will be accepted, Remaining seats will be released prior to the start of the show as space permits.
- This venue is accessible to wheelchairs
- Large items including strollers and carts are not permitted in the hall but can be left in the lobby at the owner’s discretion. Third Street does not assume liability for any theft or damages.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the Anna-Maria Kellen Concert Hall
- No pets allowed, service animals only
Time: 5:30 — 7:00 pm EDT