Webinar “Using Performance-Based Assessment to Authentically Measure Student Learning”
States and districts across the country are looking for better ways to bridge the gap between high school graduation and students’ next steps. Many states are incorporating new approaches to ensure students meet their Portrait of a Graduate requirements. One solution is to include open-ended and performance-based assessments that authentically measure students` learning and skills.
Tune into this edWebinar to hear how two diverse districts — New York City and Catalina Foothills School District (AZ)—are using performance-based assessment across the curricula to get a more accurate picture of students` abilities to apply and demonstrate their knowledge and skills. The presenters will share and explore:
- The essential components of a performance-based assessment
- Why do performance-based assessments provide a more accurate measurement of student’s knowledge and skills
- The challenges and successes in developing and administering performance-based assessments
- The response to performance-based assessments from educators, students, and parents
- How do the skills being measured using this method relate to college and career readiness
Join us for an information-packed session with education experts who will help you ensure students are not only mastering academic content but also becoming competent in essential success skills.
This edWebinar will be of interest to middle and high school teachers, school and district leaders, and school counselors. There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.
Learn more about viewing the live presentation and the recording, earning your CE certificate, and using our new accessibility features.
Join the Assessment for Learning community to network with educators, participate in online discussions, receive invitations to upcoming edWebinars, and view recordings of previous programs to earn CE certificates.
Time: 5:00 pm — 6:00 pm EDT